CONFERENCE KEYNOTES AND COMPANY PROGRAMS
Creating A Happy Workplace By Leading With A Grateful Heart
Ideal Audience: Small to Mid-Sized Companies, Schools/EducatorsObjectives:
- 1. Gratitude starts within. In a world where we're divided and disconnected, we need gratitude more than ever in our lives. And it starts with us. You'll learn 4 ways to start living in gratitude.
- 2. How to lead with gratitude. Leading with gratitude means treating your caregivers and facility members like real people so that they feel a sense of acknowledgement, belonging and connection. It's putting people first and showing that you care about people. You'll learn the best ways to lead with gratitude.
- 3. Appreciation in the Workplace. There are 5 languages of appreciation in the workplace. You'll learn what they are and how to appreciate the people on your team in their preferred language. people. You'll learn the best ways to lead with gratitude.
The 3 R’s for Profitability: How to Use Gratitude to Increase Relationships, Referrals and Retention In Your Business
Ideal Audience: Small Businesses, Service Based Businesses, EntrepreneursObjectives:
- 1. Why we need gratitude more than ever in our lives. Gratitude starts within. In a world where we're divided and disconnected, we need gratitude more than ever in our lives. And it starts with us. You'll learn 4 ways to start living in gratitude.
- 2. A simple referral system using handwritten notes. In this digital world, most communication is done by email, text or social media. That’s where handwritten notes can really help your businesses stand out from the competition. You’ll learn about a simple referral system using handwritten notes. This system will also help you retain more of your clients and customers too!
- 3. Radical Giving - how giving back can help your business make more impact. Radical Giving - Gratitude and generosity go hand in hand. You’ll learn how sending personalized gifts can grow your business, the most popular gifts you shouldn’t be giving, and how giving back can help your business make more impact.
Ideal Audience: StudentsDescription:
When students are thankful, they feel more connected to their families, friends and community. Gratitude changes your perspective, improves your mood and leads to more happiness. Gratitude is infectious!
Scott Colby is a professional speaker and the leader of the Say It With Gratitude movement. It was a trip to Guatemala that shifted his perspective on life when he realized it's our choice to be grateful even when we have very little. His aim isn't just about spreading a positive message, it's to create a gratitude movement that involves long lasting, sustainable change.
“I'm grateful for my professional organization that found an AMAZING speaker to entertain & teach me through a presentation as you did so well. Your delivery had all the things I love; energy, smiles, positive thoughts of how to express kindness, caring and compassion for humans, emotions that came from touching stories of the business's you gave Kudos to for the way they handled a customer who lost her dog to the one that ended her engagement, the cards written from 2 in the audience and the ending of your exchange with the little girls thank you from Guatemala.
“I'm a nurse manager at Timber Oaks ALF in Union Grove, WI. I was lucky enough to attend the "Creating a happy workplace by leading with a grateful heart" session in Green Bay with Scott. It was AWESOME!! I have changed some of the ways I approach my staff and am seeing a difference in how they respond. It has been positive. Hoping to make many more changes, but baby steps. Thanks Scott for all the awesome insight!!”
In 2014, Scott Colby took a volunteer trip to Guatemala to help build schools. During his time in Guatemala, he became close with both the students and their parents and was shocked by their overall positive demeanor. That trip to Guatemala left Scott feeling conflicted. He couldn't understand why the kids and parents in Guatemala seemed so happy, despite having so little, and yet a large percentage of people here in America struggle to feel even slightly content on a daily basis.
After learning about the positive benefits gratitude can have on people, such as more joy, happiness and optimism, he decided he wanted to create a gratitude movement called Say It With Gratitude.
Scott now delivers amazing talks about gratitude across the world to organizations and schools that inspire change. Please share the info on your event and Scott will be in touch!